Thursday 21 February 2013

Just write




When I started this blog, I committed to writing a post a week. I figured that was not over committing, and it meant that each week I was accountable for doing something positive for myself. If I had nothing to write about, then I was straying from my goals of health, wellbeing and balance.

So here I am, confessing, that for the past couple weeks I have struggled to pull out my laptop and write. Partly because I felt I had nothing meaningful to write about, partly because I have been busy and distracted with work and life, and partly because I am still finding my routines after the move, and on most days, I am feeling more unsettled than balanced. 

But I am getting there. Day by day, week by week, I am feeling more comfortable in my own skin and in my surroundings. Our place is starting to feel like home and I have started to carve out some new routines and spaces that feel healthy and restorative. Like walking home from work, doing yoga stretches each morning on the patio, Sunday afternoon grocery shopping, coffee and spelt toast at Sonoma, flowers from the fratelli fresh market…

And so I have pulled out the laptop, pushed aside the excuses, and here I am again, making a commitment to write about this journey, every week, even when it feels hard or unworthy. 

Because that was the point wasn't it. 


(Image via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment