Monday 16 July 2012

Bread, how I miss thee



How awful are these winter germs getting around Sydney at the moment?

This weekend after spending a week and a half wrestling with the cold, I decided I'd had enough. 

I had been thinking about food for a while (well I am always thinking about food) but more specifically thinking about how badly I'd been eating lately.

My wedding was the ultimate motivation to get healthy and since then I have done a great job of finding excuses to justify my appalling eating habits. Granted I commute so time is a challenge, but isn't everyone time poor these days? Surely I can be doing better.

Cue Elissa, my dear friend and health food guru. Elissa pointed me to this great website called supercharged foods. Have you heard of it?

It's based on the idea that food can be medicine. Once you realise what good whole foods can do for your body (and what bad foods and ingredients are doing) you can make healthier choices and start to use food to treat issues like fatigue, anxiety and the common cold.

This week while my immunity is still really low, I am taking some baby steps to try and think more about what I'm putting into my body.

1) I have started taking probiotics – have you had your inner health plus today?
2) I have started drinking some great healthy juices (more to come on this)
3) My first big food challenge, I am trying to cut out gluten to see what positive effects it has on my fatigue and digestion.

It's day one and I miss bread already...

(Image via good night, day )

1 comment:

  1. I've given up sugar and it has made me feel much better. I think bread is probably next on my hitlist. Its just too easy when you're rushed and hungry. Good luck and let us know how you fare.

    ReplyDelete